Engineering courses are quite popular with international students. Engineering is an activity that allows each individual to be more creative when using science and mathematics. Engineering students will design and operate a variety of different structures, machines and processes.
Engineering has become a popular field of study in Australia, partly because of the employment opportunities and the compensation it provides. Engineering majors will provide many challenges but are beneficial for the ease of human life.
Students who take engineering majors in Australia will find that practical lectures become more important to increase their skills in engineering The field of engineering is about to solve problems and make life easier and better.
Engineering will do a lot of innovative ways to create many things in the world. The engineers will act like a hero for the earth in the future. The field of engineering is also spread across various industries, such as mechanical engineering, chemistry, electricity to civil.
Why Study Engineering in Australia?
Many colleges and universities of Engineering in Australia is known to have graduated many engineers who have good career choices with high levels of job satisfaction and income. This has become one of the main reasons international students and students choose engineering majors in Australia. As for other reasons for studying engineering in Australia as follows:
- Various Elective Engineering Course Options. Choosing to study in Australia majoring in engineering, is the right thing. The reason is, several universities offer a variety of engineering courses, both for pre-university, undergraduate to postgraduate degrees. Starting from the majors of mechanical engineering, electricity, telecommunications, computers, chemistry, mechatronics, petroleum, mining and so forth.
- Opportunities to Move to Australia. The field of engineering is experiencing rapid growth in Australia. Therefore, the best engineering graduates from Australia will be sought after. The specialty is that you who are the best graduate will be prioritized to get a permanent residence visa. That way, you can work in several engineering companies in Australia and have high standard work experience. This can certainly affect your income, while working in the future.
- Wide Open Job Prospects. Reporting from studiesinaustralia, Australia in the western region and Queensland, generally requires a lot of engineers who are experts in their fields, especially to work in mining and resource areas. The relatively high demand has caused job prospects for foreign students and students who have graduated to be very wide open. Not only job opportunities in Australia, but also in foreign countries.
- Professional Accreditation. The engineers who have graduated from several universities in Australia have also been accredited by the official engineering program in the Kangaroo State. That is, you are the best graduate with high engineering college standards. Another advantage of this accreditation program is the degree you get, which can later be used in various worlds such as Canada, South Africa, New Zealand to the United Kingdom. Having an accreditation of course also affects your income level later.
Engineering has several specializations that are more specialized in their fields, such as:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
Choosing to study in engineering, then you also need to know the specialization of majors that are in accordance with your interests, so that the course of study in Australia runs smoothly.
The Best Universities To Study Engineering in Australia
What are the best universities to study Engineering in Australia? Reported by university rankings, i.e.
- University of New South Wales. This UNSW campus is the best campus to study engineering in Australia. Reporting from the site unsw.edu.au that most engineers in Australia are graduates and masters of the University of New South Wales compared to other universities.
- RMIT University, Melbourne. RMIT university is the 2nd best university choice to study engineering in Australia. Studying here will give you a lot of practical experience in engineering, which will be useful to increase skills and increase creativity in engineering. Several engineering courses are offered such as Chemical Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering, Civil Engineering, Biomedical, Computer Engineering and Environmental Engineering.
- Curtin University, Perth. The engineering department at Curtin University Australia offers a variety of specializations from the best engineering majors. With the support of the work experience of its alumni, high technology to the mastery of modern engineering concepts. Some of the engineering majors you can choose from on this campus include civil and construction engineering, chemical engineering, industrial engineering and systems, metallurgical engineering to petroleum engineering and mining.
- Monash University. Monash University has a Woman Engineering community that can expand your network of friends. Several courses in engineering majors are offered such as Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Robotic and Mechatronic Engineering, Resource Engineering to Software Engineering (software). You can choose the Double degrees program, where you can graduate with two degrees at a time. Graduates of dual degrees like this will certainly add insight and open doors to a better career in engineering.
- Swinburne University of Technology. You will get a lot of comprehensive theory and practical skills that will be useful when you have worked in engineering later. Some specializations such as civil engineering, biomedical, electrical engineering to software engineering, can equip you with skills to work in various fields of engineering that are important for the future.
In addition to the above university recommendations, several other universities that also offer engineering majors in Australia include:
- University of Queensland
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Adelaide
- University of Wollongong
- University of New Castle
What Careers and Jobs are offered for Engineering Graduates in Australia?
In general, a career or job aimed at engineering graduates, will be needed in many fields of life. Therefore, graduates majoring in engineering are the most sought after. The career or job suitable for engineering graduates from universities in Australia, with a variety of specialization majors and degrees and as follows:
- Computer Engineer, whose duty is to research, design, develop, and test computer systems and components such as routers, networks to memory devices.
- Environmental Engineering, Serves as a counterweight to nature by balancing the cause and effect between industry and technology and their impact on the environment
- Construction Management, whose duty is to plan, direct and coordinate several construction-related works
- Aerospace Engineer, in charge of the aircraft industry to design or build aircraft, missiles and spacecraft
- Chemical Engineer, whose job is to change the chemical, biochemical and physical state of a substance and turn it into something useful for life
- Material Engineering, whose task is to provide work direction, determine the point of drilling, make data analysis to geological identification in the project area
- Electrical Engineer, whose job is to make conceptual designs, estimate costs to determine installation specifications and plans.
Undergraduate Engineering Scholarships for International Students in Australia
Are you looking for a university that offers scholarships? Check out the list below.
La Trobe University
This scholarship is offered to students enrolled in a course offered by the Department of Engineering. Up to five scholarships valued at $1000 each will be offered.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be intending to enrol in a course offered by the Department of Engineering in 2020
- High overall performance in VCE (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated interest in a career in Engineering
- Good study skills and organisation, an ability to adapt to University life and make satisfactory academic progress
Application deadline is: 29/01/2020
University of New South Wales
UNSW and the Faculty of Engineering offer a variety of scholarships to both undergraduate and postgraduate students (existing and new). The majority of scholarships are awarded in recognition of academic achievement, while others are available to assist students based on personal circumstances, including financial need.
- Rural Undergraduate scholarships
- Women in Engineering opportunities
- Scholarship for indigenous students
- UNSW Co-op program scholarship
Australian National University
ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science International University Partnerships Award. The Award shall be available to an applicant who:
- Is an International Student as defined under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000. Dependants of the staff of diplomatic or consular missions are also eligible.
- Is undertaking appropriate undergraduate or postgraduate studies at an institute which has an articulation agreement with the College
- Has received an offer of admission into a program offered by the College.
- Will commence a program within the College for the first time.
ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. The 25% tuition fee reduction shall be available to an applicant who:
- Is an International Students as defined under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000.
- Dependants of the staff of diplomatic or consular missions are also eligible.
- Is a citizen of one of the countries specified by the college on their website (these may vary from year to year)
- Has achieved at an excellent level in their final years of schooling prior to commencing at ANU, as demonstrated by excellent academic results in their qualifications.
- Has received an offer of admission into an undergraduate program offered by the College to commence in teaching period for which they are applying for this scholarship.
- Will commence an undergraduate program within the College for the first time.
University of Newcastle
Golden Jubilee Commemorative International Scholarship valued at up to AU$140,000 for up to 5 years. Full payment of tuition fees each semester for the duration of an undergraduate program (up to 5 years), provided the scholar continues to meet ongoing conditions.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) all streams (and combined degrees)
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (and combined degrees)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (and combined degrees)
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Surveying (Honours) (and combined degrees)
CQUnicares DGH Engineering Scholarship. This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving second year Engineering student majoring in either electrical, mechanical or mechatronics.
Scholarship Value: $10,000 ($2,500 in Term 1 & 2). Length of Scholarship: 2 (two) Years. Closing Date: 10 January 2020
University of South Australia
- Alexander Symonds Surveying Grant for new undergraduate students in Engineering (Honours) and Geospatial Science. The value is $5,000.
- AusIMM STEM Access Scholarship $25,000
- Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Scholarship. Programs: Built Environment, Construction Management. Value: $5,500.
- Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO) Engineering and Information Technology Working Links Award. Programs: Electrical and Mechatronic engineering, Electronics, Computer Systems Engineering, Telecommunication. Value: $2,000
- Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure Scholarship in Civil Engineering. Program: Civil Engineering. Value: Maximum $10,800
- Gavin Wanganeen Aboriginal STEM Scholarship $10,000
- Sylvia Birdseye Undergraduate Scholarship for Women. Program: Civil Engineering. Value: $10,800
Engineering International Undergraduate Scholarship. A scholarship for international students studying Engineering at a Monash campus in Australia. Up to 50 scholarships valued at $10000 are available each year.
You must be one of the following:
- An International student
You must meet the following criteria:
- Commencing an undergraduate single or double engineering degree program at a Monash campus in Australia
- Completed Australian Year 12 or IB in the previous year and not undertaken any further study
- Must achieve a minimum ATAR of 94.00
Benefits: $10000 for one year only (48 credit points of study). Number offered: 50 scholarships available per year. To retain this scholarship you must achieve a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70% in semester one to receive your semester two payment.
Reza Akbarzadeh Engineering Scholarship within the Griffith School of Engineering that will support students in the following Engineering disciplines on the Gold Coast and Nathan campuses: Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Electronic and Energy Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
Maximum value is $2,000, payable in instalments.
The University of Adelaide
Partnering with the South Australian Government and the resources sector, the Playford Trust is delighted to announce ten, two-year scholarships for students enrolling in mining and petroleum engineering at the University of Adelaide.
This industry and government initiative recognises the growing demand nationally for mining and petroleum engineers. Ten scholarships of $10,000 per year for two years are available for students commencing their first year of study in 2020. These scholarships aim to attract South Australia’s most talented minds to an industry that is leading our technological future.
Closing date extended: Friday 14 February 2020.
Charles Sturt University
CSU Women in Engineering Scholarship available to Commencing Students studying in Bathurst campus. You must be:
- 1st Year
- Bachelor of Technology / Master of Engineering (Civil Systems)
- 2 scholarships available
Open to females enrolling in Bachelor of Technology / Master of Engineering (Civil Systems) in 2020.
For more information, please contact us: