Accounting and Finance is one of the majors that is sought after by students from all over the world. Choosing major in accounting and finance turned out to bring promising job prospects later. Not only getting a salary that is fairly high, a career in accounting and finance jobs is also guaranteed.
Choosing a major in Accounting and Finance, you will get a lot of lessons in it. Basic accounting lessons such as creating financial reports for organizations and companies, financial statements for taxation, how to evaluate the budget, calculate operational costs so that a business can run effectively and efficiently, and much more. Of course, learning to make a financial presentation and proper financial analysis is also discussed in this major.
Specialization in Accounting and Finance
In the accounting and finance majors, the range of fields that can be studied is quite diverse. This specialization can usually be chosen according to the interests of the students themselves. When entering the initial learning phase, the entire field of specialization in accounting and finance will be studied. After that, then you can choose to focus on the branch of accounting that interests you. Following are a number of specializations in accounting and finance majors that are quite diverse.
Usually, between one university and another university will have differences:
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Cost accounting
- Tax accounting
- Accounting Audit
- Accounting system
- Government Accounting
- Budget Accounting
- Nonprofit Accounting Institution
- International Accounting
Why Study Accounting in Australia?
For those of you who are considering studying abroad and majoring in accounting and finance, but are still in doubt, here are some reasons why you should choose that major at a foreign university:
- Understand financial and business concepts in detail. Entering and studying majoring in accounting and finance at foreign universities, can give students an understanding of the basic concepts of finance and business in detail. Frequent practice in the field, will facilitate their understanding, so that it is easily applied in everyday life in a more real way.
- Good job prospects. It won’t take long for accounting and finance graduates to get jobs as accounting in multinational companies, such as PricewaterhoseCoopers (PwC), then Deloitte and also KPMG. The careers of accounting and management graduates from universities abroad, can creep up quickly. On average within a period of 6 months, graduates majoring in accounting and foreign finance have worked as professional level employees in the financial sector.
- Accounting is needed worldwide. As long as there are money and financial transactions, this world will need an accounting. Studying accounting and finance, can make you able to use skills such as communication, determining financial strategies, teamwork, problem solving to the problem of leadership in a company.
- Learn How to Manage Personal Finances. Choosing to study accounting and finance abroad, like in Australia for example, can teach you to manage your personal finances when away from parents. If you get a scholarship, make the scholarship money to be enough for tuition and daily living expenses. If you get a free college program, like in Germany, for example, then your expenses can be more efficient.
- Be confidence. When going to college majoring in accounting and finance abroad, make sure that communication between you and your friends there always goes smoothly. Communication using English will certainly make us more and more confident and more confident.
- Work in Various Industrial Sectors. Graduates of accounting and finance from abroad, of course, can apply for jobs to various industries or companies in and abroad. As long as you understand the basics of financial accounting and understand the company’s financial information, then you will be accepted in various sectors of the best companies in the country and abroad.
- Honorable profession. Working as an accounting and financial expert, using a diploma from an overseas university, will certainly be a respectable and prestigious profession, and will continue to be trusted by certain communities and organizations.
Job Prospects in Accounting and Finance
Job prospects for graduates from accounting and finance majors, much needed for the financial and business sectors. If you have graduated with a degree in accounting and finance from a university in Australia, the job prospects you will get will be even broader.
Some employment prospects for Australian accounting and finance graduates include:
- Chartered Accountants (Professional Accountants) in various multinational companies, and institutions of higher education accounting
- Chartered Management Accountants (accountants and professional management), for companies or high organizations
- Chartered Public Management Accountants (accountants and public management professionals), for local and government organizations, companies that are professional, private companies that focus on public services.
- Stock brokers who work for investors as intermediaries in buying and selling shares within the stock exchange.
In addition, graduates of undergraduate programs in accounting and finance can also work as financial data analysts, management consultants, financial and tax advisors, financial consultants and financial managers in various companies and industries.
Best Universities To Study Accounting
In Australia many universities actually open accounting programs for international students who intend to study there.
- University of Melbourne
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- Australian National University (ANU)
- Monash University
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Macquarie University
- University of Adelaide
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
Accounting scholarships Australia
The universities below offer Accounting scholarships:
The University of Melbourne
Honours Accounting Students’ Society Alumni Scholarship is awarded annually to a female student undertaking Honours in Accounting within the Faculty of Business and Economics. This $12,500 – $15,000 scholarships is for domestic & international students. The application deadline is 29 Nov.
Accounting Honours Scholarship is a scholarship for students studying the Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) majoring in accou To retain this scholarship: You must maintain full-time enrolment and a minimum Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 70.nting or finance. Up to $6000 is available for one year only. No application required.
University of Technology Sydney
Accounting Honours Scholarship value is $5,000. To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- The recipient/s must have successfully completed a UTS or other University business degree with an Accounting major; and
- Be accepted and enrol full-time in the Accounting Honours Program, including both: B Business (Honours) with an Accounting major and B Accounting (Honours)
Applications are not required for this Scholarship.
University of Tasmania
University of Tasmania Business Scholarship available to high achieving international students from Indonesia, Latin America, Malaysia/Singapore and Vietnam who have an offer of a full-time place in an onshore TSBE undergraduate, honours or postgraduate coursework degree (excluding Master of Professional Accounting and Master of Professional Accounting Specialisation), commencing in Semester 1 or 2, 2020. Closed 17 November. Value:
- For single degree programs, each scholarship covers 100% of registered tuition fees for the duration of the course;
- For combined degree programs, each scholarship covers 50% of registered tuition fees for the duration of the course.
Accounting and Corporate Governance Honours Scholarship available to students commencing Honours in accounting or corporate governance in Semester 1, 2020. Selection will be based on academic achievement in a relevant undergraduate degree. Amount: $5,000. Deadline: 31 October, for students commencing honours in Semester 1, 2020.
Queensland University of Technology
School of Accountancy Accelerate Scholarship for future research students who want to study a Master of Philosophy (Accountancy). You’ll receive $20,290 per annum. If you’re an international student, you’ll also receive a QUT tuition fee sponsorship.
School of Accountancy Honours Scholarship. you’ll receive a scholarship of $10,000 for one year, paid in two instalments over two semesters. You must:
- have applied for and received an offer to study a Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Accountancy)
- be enrolled to study full-time.
For more information, please contact us: